BACKGROUND AND SCOPE OF ASSIGNMENT
The Local Government Association of Zambia is an organisation of and for all local authorities in Zambia. As an umbrella organization, the Association brings together individual local authorities with all their differences, trying to combine their common experiences, potentials, shared interests, concerns and needs. Through this method, the Association is able to gather and collate information from individual members to formulate well-documented opinions on the overall state of local government. In this way, the Association acts as a unifying voice of local government.
The objectives of the Association are:
- To promote the interests and autonomy of local government authorities in Zambia;
- To be the national advocate and voice of local government;
- To contribute towards the enhancement of local democracy and governance;
- To study questions concerning the life and activities of local government authorities and the welfare of citizens;
- To promote the idea of popular participation in civic affairs.
In order to realize the set objectives, one of the main activities of the Association is to maintain a permanent office for the collation, documentation, study and dissemination of information on local government for members and others stakeholders. Therefore, the Association serves as a Knowledge Hub on matters relating to local government.
Overall Goal of the Assignment: To strengthen the Association’s knowledge management capacity.
In order to do this, the Association needs the services of interns to structure the electronic and physical knowledge hub.
Scope of assignment
- Mirror Physical Library to E-Library Filling.
- Scanning and E-filing of relevant materials for the Knowledge Hub.
- Source relevant local government information for the Knowledge hub.
- Update the Association’s website and Social media platforms
- File relevant publications in the Association’s Knowledge Hub
- File Audio Visual materials on Sever
- Update User Passwords on Active Directory on LGAZ Server.
- Daily monitoring of Network activities and Sever backups.
- Run Security and all Routine Sever updates
- Map all LGAZ internal users with Shared resource drive.
- Develop and maintain the cloud environment for LGAZ.
- Update and Monitor Windows Server software.
- Provide assistance to users.
Expected output internship
- Functional Electronic and Physical Knowledge Hub
- Regularly updated website and social Media Platforms
- Functional electronic infrastructure supporting the Knowledge hub.
The intern should hold the following qualification:
- A diploma in IT or equivalent. A degree will be added advantage
- Knowledge of website management.
- Knowledge on Sever Management and security.
Duration of Internship
The Internship is for a period of two (2) months
The interns will be operating from the Local Government Association of Zambia Offices, Civic Centre, 4th Floor New Wing, Independence Avenue, Lusaka.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should address their applications and certified copies of academic certificates to:
The Executive Director, Local Government Association of Zambia P.O, BOX 33718, Lusaka via email firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com not later than Friday 29th November 2019 at 5:00 PM.