Commonwealth Local Government Forum / Local Government Association of Zambia
Call for Application – Internship
The Commonwealth Local Government Forum (CLGF) in partnership with Gender Links(GL) and the Local Government Association of Zambia (LGAZ) is implementing the,” Connecting the dots: Local actions for women political and economic empowerment 2019-2021” Project, in Zambia with funding from the UK Department for International Development (DFID). The project seeks to strengthen the political and economic empowerment of women and girls in Southern Africa through interlocking on-the-ground and online networks linked to Centres of Excellence for Gender in Local Government. The project is expected to achieve four outcomes as follows:
- Increased participation of women in local government,
- Increased participation of young women in local governance.
- Improved participation of women in local economic development, and
- Enhanced learning and sharing through establishing a Community of Practice and curating and sharing stories of change through blogs and social media.
To achieve the outcomes outlined above, the following outputs will be delivered:
- Women in Local Government Fora (WLGF) formed and supported to increase women’s participation in Local Government.
- Young Women in Local Government (YWLG), network formed and supported in Zambia.
- Women in Local Economic Development Networks (WLED) established and supported in Zambia.
- A Community of Practice for the Women Networks.
- Project dissemination and networking events.
The project’s main activities are as follows:
- Building networks of women in local government; young women and entrepreneurs.
- Linking these distinct networks through mentorship and peer support.
- Lobbying and advocating for increased participation of women in decision making in political and economic sectors.
- Building skills and capacity for networking and the use of IT for women networks.
- Documenting, learning and sharing the lessons on promoting gender equality at the local level.
CLGF and LGAZ require a full-time paid graduate intern for 6 months starting December 2019. The Internship Programme offers the successful applicant the opportunity to acquire direct practical experience in working with women and youth in the fields of local government and economic development. The Intern will be based at LGAZ’s office at the Civic Centre, 4th Floor New Wing, Independence Avenue Lusaka, Zambia.
- Eligibility Requirements
To be considered for this internship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Have graduated with a bachelor’s degree from reputable Universities in any of the following areas: Development Studies, Public administration and Gender Studies or related field,
- Have excellent writing skills,
- Experience in working with women’s organisations or local authorities in Zambia will be an added advantage,
- Highly organized, committed to work and self-motivated, and
- Ability to work full-time for 6-months.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The Intern will have an opportunity to experience what it takes to work with women and youth within the local government and international development sectors.
- The Intern will be placed under the Jo Cox Project Implementation team and his/her responsibilities include the following:
- organising and managing stakeholder consultation meetings and events,
- assisting staff with collecting baseline information on the women network members,
- collecting data for the compilation of a gender audit on women in local government in Zambia,
- Preparing activity reports
- How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application should include the following: cover letter; resume and copies of academic documents and transcripts.
Closing date: 5 December 2019
1493total visits,1visits today